HOW TO: INSTALL W212 BUMPER LIGHTS
Installing your clear or smoked bumper lights is a rewarding DIY project your can complete yourself! Follow the steps below to install your bumper lights.
1. Depending on what side of the vehicle you are working on, turn the front wheels in the opposite direction, just before reaching the maximum steering angle.
2. You will need to remove a part of the fender liner. You can either do this by removing the fastener that holds the liner in, or by giving the liner itself a strong pull. Keep the fastener, you will need it for re-installation of the fender liner.
3. You will turn the bulb socket left (counterclockwise) to remove the socket and bulb from the inside of the bumper lens.
4. Wearing a latex or rubber glove, use a firm, gentle touch to pull on the rear side of the bumper lens. Once it is free, pull towards the rear bumper to loosen the lens bracket inside the fender.
5. Get the new bumper lens (clear or smoked). Install the lens by reversing the process described in #4.
6. Re-install the fender liner and secure it using the fastener that was removed in step 2.
That’s all there is to it. It is simple to do and will provide a dramatic styling improvement.
Find clear or smoked bumper lights for your W212 here:
Please take a look below for the finished look on a 2012 E350. Clear bumper lights.