How to: remove and install W208 Tail Lights (CLK320, CLK430, CLK55 AMG)
This article will describe in detail how to remove and install tail lights on the W208 CLK-Class Mercedes-Benz.
8mm Socket Wrench
1. Open the trunk pull the trunk liner away to gain access the to back of the
tail lights. On the back of the tail light, there will be an electrical connector. Press the tabs on the side and remove the connector from the tail light. Repeat on other side.
2. Remove the bulb holder attached on the back of the tail light by depressing the clips and pulling out. Once complete, remove the five 8mm screws behind the tail light and one 8mm gold screw on the side of the tail light. Please see the picture with red circles to see where the bolts are located on the tail light assembly.
3. At this point, you will remove the tail light assembly from the body of the vehicle. Note: it will be on tight and will require a little force to remove. Make sure you are careful, as not to damage the body of the vehicle or the tail light itself.
4. Removing the inner tail lights on the trunk is next. Using a flat head screwdriver, remove a total of 6 plastic clips holding the liner to the trunk.
5. Remove the two 8mm screws on the edge of the trunk lip. Repeat for other side.
6. Finally, you will remove the last 8mm bolt holding the inner tail light to the trunk.
7. Now you can install the new tail lights and admire your new look!